WHODAS 2.0 - World Health Organization Disability Assessment Schedule 2.0
The World Health Organization Disability Assessment Schedule (WHODAS) 2.0 is a 36-item, generic instrument for assessing health status and disability across different cultures and settings. Includes 6 domains of functioning: Cognition, Mobility, Self-care, Getting along, Life activities (household and work), and participation.
Once the patient has submitted it, you may preview it on the uninitialed documents tab in the EMR. However, do not initial it or it won't later be pulled into your Mobile Note
Scoring for each item is from 1-5 (as discussed in the DSM-5) rather then from 0-4 (as discussed on the WHO website)
- WHODAS 2.0 Getting Along with People Average (1-5)
- WHODAS 2.0 Getting Along with People Raw (5-25)
- WHODAS 2.0 Getting Around Average (1-5)
- WHODAS 2.0 Getting Around Raw (5-25)
- WHODAS 2.0 Life Activities-Household Average (1-5)
- WHODAS 2.0 Life Activities-Household Raw (4-20)
- WHODAS 2.0 Life Activities-School/Work Average (1-5)
- WHODAS 2.0 Life Activities-School/Work Raw (4-20)
- WHODAS 2.0 Participation in Society Average (1-5)
- WHODAS 2.0 Participation in Society Raw (8-40)
- WHODAS 2.0 Self-Care Average (1-5)
- WHODAS 2.0 Self-Care Raw (4-20)
- WHODAS 2.0 Total Average (1-5)
- WHODAS 2.0 Total Raw (36-180)
- WHODAS 2.0 Understanding and Communicating Average (1-5)
- WHODAS 2.0 Understanding and Communicating Raw (6-30)
The average scores are comparable to the WHODAS 5-point scale, which allows the clinician to think of the individual’s disability in terms of none (1), mild (2), moderate (3), severe (4), or extreme (5) in each domain and generally.
World Health Organization (2014, October 29). WHO Disability Assessment 2.0 (WHODAS 2.0). Retrieved from http://www.who.int/classifications/icf/more_whodas/en/
American Psychiatric Association. (2013). Diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders (5th ed.). Washington, DS: Author.