PPS: Transfer Patient Payments
This article applies to the Private Practice Suite
Payments can be transferred from one patient to another or from one charge to another for the same patient.
- Click on Billing | Transfer Patient Payment
- Select a patient
- Enter the amount you wish to transfer
- In the note field, enter the date of service to transfer money to
- Click on Get Transactions
- Select the date of service (DOS) to transfer money from
- Click on Next
A list of charges will appear to choose from that the unapplied money can be assigned to. The unapplied money will show in the top-right corner. This action cannot be completed until this box reads $0.00. All charges that actions have been applied to will show in bottom screen
Note: The screen in this step will default to the originally selected patient in the drop-down list, but can be changed to a different patient when transferring balances from one patient to another.
- Enter dollar amount in the yellow apply box of the specific charge
- Click on Save