PPS: Processing a Patient Refund
This article applies to the Private Practice Suite
To apply a patient refund, please do the following:
- Click Billing | View/Edit Charges
- Select a patient
- Select a transaction
- Click on the Add Adjustment... button
- Click on the Patient or Insurance Refund... button
- In the "Patient or Insurance Refund" window, enter the refund amount and the date that the refund was applied
- Click OK
The refund will appear in the transaction details. Notice that the amount appears in the "Payment" column with a negative value.
- Be sure to click on Save in order for the line item to be applied in the EMR
Note: Pre-payments cannot be refunded, they must first be applied to a date of service and then follow the above workflow.