PPS: New Prescriptions in the Patients Chart
This article applies to the Private Practice Suite
For those with the eRx module and ePrescribe through our partner, Dr. First, these are the instructions to create a prescription:
- Click on New on the Navigation Tree.
- Select New Prescription, which will open the New Prescription pop-up box.
- Select the patient by selecting the down arrow on the "Patient" drop-down box.
- Click on New Prescription.
- A new Valant e-Prescribing Tab will open in the web browser. In the "Prescribe a Medication" section, type all or part of a medication name into the Name field, or select a favorite medication from the Favorites drop-down box.
- Click Find.
- Select a medication, form, and dosage from the list of available medications matching your search.
- The page will navigate to the "Enter Details" page.
- On the "Enter Details" page, populate a Sig by making selections from the drop-down boxes on the Sig line and select a duration.
- The "Quantity" field will be calculated automatically based on the items that have been selected.
- If necessary, choose or modify the Pharmacy, Drug, Quantity, Refills, Directions to Pharmacist, Directions to Patient, Primary Dx, Secondary Dx, or Comments fields.
- Click Continue.
- The page will navigate to the "Review Prescription" page.
- Click OK to continue, or if necessary click on Go Back, Cancel or Add to Favorites.
- Upon clicking OK, the page will navigate back to the "Valant e-Prescribing" page where addition medications can be prescribed before sending or printing the prescription.
- In the "Pending prescriptions" section, select the prescriptions that are to be sent or printed by checking the box to the left of the prescription serial number.
- Type in the Signature Password.
- Click Send, Send and Print, Print w/o Sending, or Sign w/o Sending.
Notification will be given that the prescription was sent/printed and the medication will be added to the patient's active medication list.