PPS: How to Order E-labs
This article applies to the Private Practice Suite
To order E-labs:
- Open the patient chart for the patient the lab is for.
- Click Lab Requests tab.
- Click New E-lab Order. This will cause the Lab order window to open in a new tab.
- Set order type:
- PSC: Patient service center will collect specimen.
- Standard: Lab will collect specimen.
- Reccuring: Not applicable to Valant at this time.
- Verify patient demographics.
- Fill out the order information.
- Lab Order: if you have more than one lab, indicate which lab.
- Operator: this is the person entering the lab order.
- Ordering physician: who is ordering the lab work.
- Client Facility: if the practice has more than one facility.
- Collection date and time: defaults to today, used when specimen is collected at the practice.
- Input Test codes:
- Tests can be searched for by clicking on the binoculars icon, then using the name of the test,panel, or by code.
- The test code is specific to the Lab.
- Labs and panels can be saved to Preferences, these will appear below the search window for quick access.
- ICD Codes:
- Tests can be searched for by entering a code in the text box.
- Diagnosis codes can be saved to Preferences, these will appear below the search window for quick access.
- Not required, fill out as needed
- Once complete click Validate Order.
- The Validation screen will give you a preview of the lab order and allow you to print a labels if collecting the specimen at the practice. Once verified click Print and Send.