PPS: Clearing the Internet Browser Cache
This article applies to the Private Practice Suite
Internet Browsers will attempt to store commonly accessed websites or portions of a website in order to speed up Internet browsing. The files that are stored are known as cached files. This comes in handy for websites that aren't updated very often.
Since updates and enhancements are made to the Valant EMR quite often, the cache may need to be cleared on occasion. If a page in the Valant EMR suddenly won't load properly, the cache may need to be cleared.
- Click the menu button and and click History
- Select the Clear Recent History
- In "Time Range to Clear" drop-down select Everything
- Select all of the checkboxes except "Site Preferences"
- Select Clear Now
- Completely Close (Quit if on a Mac) Firefox and reopen before attempting to login.
- Go to Tools | Internet Options
- In the General tab, click Delete under the "Browsing history"
- Check all of the checkboxes except "Preserve Favorites website data"
- Click Delete
- Select OK
- Close and Reopen Internet Explorer (before attempting to login to Valant again)