PPS: Appointment Reminders
This articles applies to the Private Practice Suite
Automated Appointment Reminders for patient appointments is an additional service offered by Valant Medical Solutions. The wording of the voice message that is delivered to the patient is as follows:
"Hello. This is a reminder of your appointment on (date), scheduled for (time) with (name). If you need to reschedule or have any questions, feel free to call us at (phone number).Thank you."
This message cannot be changed. For the privacy of the patient, the message will not state the word "Doctor".
The appointment reminders can be a combination of email reminders to both a listed Home AND Work email address as well as one of the following 1) automated phone call reminder OR 2) an SMS text message sent to the patient.
- To enter a Home or Work email address click on Persons and Institutions | Patients and select a patient name. Under the Contacts tab fill out the "Home" and/or "Work email" fields
- A phone number can be entered in either the Demographics tab ("Main Phone" field) or the Contacts tab ("Phone" fields 2-4)
To adjust the duration of the advanced notice of the appointment reminder click on Persons and Institutions | Practice |Preferences and update the "Reminders advanced days notice" field.
Setup: To configure a patient to receive an appointment reminder:
- Click on Persons and Institutions | Patients and select a patient. Under the "Appt. Reminder" tab
- Select from any or all of the three checkboxes
If the Phone checkbox is selected, be sure to select both the following:
- Select a phone type from the adjacent drop-down menu
- Select the Call or SMS Text radio button.