PPS and IO: Prescription Drug Monitoring Program (PDMP)
This Article applies to Valant IO and Private Practice Suite
Valant now offers Prescription Drug Monitoring Program (PDMP) integration with Dr. First. PDMPs are highly effective tools utilized by government officials for reducing prescription drug abuse and diversion. PDMPs collect, monitor, and analyze electronically transmitted prescribing and dispensing data submitted by pharmacies and dispensing practitioners.
Before signing up for PDMP make sure the following prerequisites are met:
- Currently have Electronic Prescribing of Controlled Substances (EPCS) Gold
- Prescribe in a state that is eligible for PDMP. Click here to check the status for each State
To Sign up for PDMP:
- Complete any state registration requirements. These can vary from some states to state, with some states requiring you to complete forms and other requirements. Check your states requirements by going to their website, which can be found here. If you need assistance with this step we will be happy to help.
- Submit a ticket on the Subscription Portal. Under the "How can we assist?" drop-down select Add a service or module. Then select "Add a Service or Module" select PDMP. Complete the form with the number of prescribers, any attachments, and your contact information.
- Once a ticket is submitted a Valant team member will reach out with an amendment