PPS and IO: Patient Portal - Manage Options
This article applies to the Valant IO and Private Practice Suite
By default, the following is true for existing, active patients with an active Patient Portal account:
- All active patients with an active Patient Portal account have access to Secure Messaging.
- All patients can receive secure messages from anyone with a login account to the Vālant EMR within the same Vālant account as the patient.
- All patients can reply to any message that they receive.
- All patients can initiate a new secure message to their assigned provider.
- All patients are NOT set to allow Statements to be sent to portal
- All patients will see their own Patient Balance
On a patient-by-patient basis, a clinic can determine whether or a not a patient can:
- Initiate a new secure message to their assigned provider without having received one.
- Receive Statements
- Show Balance Due
To Manage the 3 options on a patient portal account, please do the following:
- Click on Persons and Institutions | Patients
- On the Patients and select the desired patient
- Select the Portal tab
- Select the Manage Account button
- Select Secure Messaging | Patient CAN or CANNOT initiate secure messages
- Select Sending Statements | Statements ARE allowed or NOT allowed to be sent to Portal
- Select Patient Balances | Show balances or Hide balances in portal