IO: Appointment Request Configuration
This article applies to Valant IOBefore a patient can request an appointment through their patient portal account a few things must be completed by the practice.
- The Practice must be have the Patient Portal module.
- A patient must have an assigned facility and assigned provider in the "Patient Demographics".
- There must be at least one active appointment type. This is a new feature in the EHR included with Appointment Requests. These appointment types are only to support appointment requests through the portal. To access the "Appointment Types" page in the EHR users will need to have the "Reference Data" permission. To access this page and create an "Appointment Type":
- Click Reference Data | Appointment Types.
- Click the New Appointment Type button.
- Complete the "Name", "Description", and "Duration" (this field can be a minimum of 10 minutes and a max of 360 minutes, appointments must be a multiple of five between this range).
- Click Save.