PPS: Insurance History
This article applies to the Private Practice Suite.
Insurance history is a way to capture and retain a patient’s new insurance while retaining the previous insurance used. When insurance history is turned on it changes the way users add an insurance to a patient’s demographics page.
- From the left navigation menu click Persons and Institutions | Patients.
- Selecting a specific patient will open their demographics.
- In the bottom right click Options | Insurance | Add/Edit Insurance Item.
- This will open the "Add/Edit Insurance Item" dialogue box. Click Add Insurance to activate the fields to populate insurance information.
- Click Save.
- Once added select the appropriate insurance from the drop-down list.
This feature will allow users to switch back and forth easily between multiple insurance companies. If you do not currently have the Insurance History turned on and would like for it to be turned on. please contact our support team.