PPS: Faxing Documents from the Patient Chart
This article applies to the Private Practice Suite
Faxing documents electronically from a patient chart is quick and easy by using the fax button.
- Documents can be faxed one at a time or in bulk
- This feature is for outgoing faxes only
- Faxing must be enabled for each practice. After faxing is enabled, the fax button will appear
- There is no setup fee to enable faxing, but there is a $0.06 (6 cents) per page charge to use the feature
- From the patient chart click on the Documents
- Select the checkbox(s) next to the document(s) that you would like to electronically fax
- Click on the Fax button
- Enter the fax number (required) and other details
- The "Provider" field is the outside provider or location that will be receiving the fax.
- Once the provider has been selected, the "Recipient Name" field will automatically populate (editable)
- Enter the cover sheet notes
Example of a cover sheet (there is a $0.06 (6 cents) charge per cover sheet)
Note: Any document that has any type of password protection or restriction will cause an error if the document is faxed within Valant.