ERA - View ERA Payments
This will display ERA files delivered by a partnered clearing house or uploaded from other 3rd-Party clearinghouses.
ERAs can be accessed by doing the following:
Click on Billing | ERA
- Between Fields: filters ERA files by date received.
- Check/EFT # Field: filters ERA files by check/EFT number.
- Show Processed Payments Checkbox: If checked, displays previously processed and bypassed ERA files for review.
- Upload ERA 835 File Button: allows upload of ERA files from non-partnered clearinghouses.
- Next Button: begin posting ERA payments.
The Action button has various features, as follows:
Click Next to begin posting ERA payments
- Payment Date Field: indicates the date of the payment.
- Payment Type: shows how the payment was made to the practice
- Payer Contact Button: displays the payer's contact information as contained in the ERA file.
- Denials Report: to locate denials quickly in order for corrections to be made.
- View EOB: this Feature allows users to view an EOB via a downloadable PDF.
- Exceptions Report Button: displays exceptions information for unassigned payments contained in the ERA file.
- Legend: displays a definition of various colors in the Payment List.
- Adjudication Date Field: indicates the date the claims were adjudicated by the payer.
- Payer Field: indicates the name of the payer as contained in the ERA file.
- Reference # Field: indicates the payer reference number.
- Amount Field: the total payment amount.
- Unassigned Amount Field: the total amount of unassigned payments contained in the ERA file.
A list of payments and adjustments for each charge displayed in a color-coded view, referenced in the legend.
Below will be listed the definitions for each section on the line item highlighted in red
- Apply Radio Button: this will apply the line item into the system (Recommended)
- Ignore Radio Button: choosing this will exclude the line item details from being processed.This is to allow $0 response lines, incorrect or invalid adjustments from the payer to be ignored.
- Unassign Radio Button: this should only be used for payments that cannot be matched up with transactions in the system and will result in the payment appearing on the Day Sheet as a deposit. Unassigned payments will only appear on the "Unassigned Payments" report (after appearing once on the daysheet). They won’t appear on productivity or payment reports.
- ID: indicates the Billing ID of the charge. If there is no automatic match, use the action button. This is also a link to View/Edit charges for this service line.
- Patient ID: indicates the Patient ID. If there is no automatic match, use the action button.
- Date: indicates the date of service.
- Insurance: Lists if insurance is primary or secondary
- Tx. Ins. Name: name of the payor
- CPT Code: indicates the CPT Code used for the charge.
- Charge: indicates the charge amount.
- Payment: total amount of payments that will be applied to this transaction.
- Partial: any line item can be marked as a partial payment. This indicates the payer’s responsibility has not been fully met.
- Copay: indicates the patient copay amount for the service.
- Con. Adj.: the amount of adjustments for this transaction.
- Other PR: indicates the total patient responsibility other than copay.
- Prev Pay: the total amount of payments that have already been applied to the charge indicated in the ID Column.
- Balance: the remaining balance after the payments/adjustments are applied
- Show Details: this will show more detailed information about this specific charge
- Match Manually: able to match this payment manually to an existing charge within Valant