Creating New Patient Payment Type Choices
Valant provides the ability to create additional options under the “Payment Type” field when you are applying a patient payment.
- Hover over Transaction Codes in the navigation bar
- Click Patient Payments
- Click New Payment at the top-right side of the window to begin creating a new option. The lower part of the tab will become active.
All fields need to be completed to successfully create a new payment type:
- “Transaction Code ID”: ID that shows in Valant billing and reporting
- “Description”: This is how it will appear in the drop-down menu and on Patient Statements
- “Payment Type”: Select “Patient Payment” or “Patient Refund” depending of what use is needed for the new type
- "Patient Payment Type": This field field will be available only if "Patient Payment" was selected in the previous drop-down menu
If users need to turn off an option, simply place a check mark in the “Inactive” box.