Billing Info for Practice
This article applies to the Private Practice Suite.
The Billing Info shows billing information for the Practice that will populate Box 33 of CMS 1500 form. This information should reflect how the practice is credentialed with insurance companies
Click on Persons and Institutions | Practice | Billing Info
List of key fields:
Practice NPI Field: the NPI under which the Practice is credentialed with the insurance company
- The number entered is Group or Individual NPI number, depending on contracted credentials
- Tax ID Field: the Tax ID the Practice is credentialed with the insurance company
- CLIA Number Field: 10-digit number from CLIA certificate issued to perform laboratory work on "materials derived from the human body for the purpose of providing information for the diagnosis, prevention, or treatment of any disease or the impairment of, or assessment of, the health of human beings".
- Practice ID Field - When enabled, this field populates Box 33b in the CMS 1500 form.
- Next Receipt Number Field - the next number on receipts. This allows the practice to track the number of receipts generated.
Practice Type Radio Buttons:
- Person: send claims with Individual NPI Number only. All billing info pulled from Persons and Institutions | Providers to populate Box 25, 33, and 33a.
- Non-Person: send claims with a Group NPI Number. All billing info pulled from Persons and Institutions | Practice to populate Box 25, 33, and 33a.