PPS: Add / Edit / View Authorizations
This article applies to the Private Practice Suite
In order to attach an authorization for a patient follow these instructions:
- Click Persons and Institutions | Patients
- Click on a patient | Authorizations
As shown above authorizations contains the following data entry fields:
- "Show expired authorizations" checkbox: displays expired authorizations
- New Authorization button: used to add a new authorization for a patient
- View/Edit Authorization button: used to add, view or edit an authorization for a patient
- Click Add Authorization: this window contains the following data entry fields and tabs
- Authorization Code Field: code from insurance company that identifies the authorization.
- Note Field: a miscellaneous note about the authorization.
- Insurance Drop-down Menu: the insurance company that granted the authorization.
- Start Date Field: the start date of the authorization.
- Expiration Date Field: the expiration date of the authorization.
- Allowed Visits Field: the number of visits granted by the authorization.
- Visits Used Field: the number of visits already used by the patient on this authorization.
- Do not use for billing Checkbox: this disables the authorization from being used when billing the patient.
- Transaction Codes Tab: a required tab that contains the transaction codes that the authorization is approved for.
- Providers tab: a required tab that contains the providers that the patient can see under this authorization.
- Click OK | Save
In order to view or edit an existing authorization, please complete the following steps:
- Select "Authorization"
- Click on View/Edit Authorization | Change information | OK | Save