PPS: Granting a Staff Member Permission to Start a Mobile Note
This article is for the Private Practice Suite
In order to allow a staff member to start a Note from Mobile Notes, please do the following:
- Log in to the Valant Suite EHR with an admin license
- Click Persons and Institutions | Office Staff
- Select the user
- Select the Permissions tab
- Select the "Can Access Mobile Site" checkbox if the staff member needs permission to start a Note form MobileNotes
- Also select the "Can Start Mobile Notes for Providers" checkbox if the staff member needs permission to start a Note from the Calendar/Scheduler
- Also select the "Edit Patient Charts" checkbox if the staff member will edit diagnoses from within a Note
- Select the checkboxes for "Appointments", "Edit Other Schedules", "View Other Schedules", and "Edit Documents"
- Click Save.
In order to allow the staff member to Edit Medications and/or Allergies from within the note and the clinic utilizes the Dr. First module, the staff member must be a Provider Agent with Dr. First.
If the staff member is not yet a Provider Agent, please contact your implementation manager (pre-live) or our Support Team if you are already using the Private Practice Suite EHR.
If the clinic does not utilize the Dr. First module, the staff member will not be able to edit medications or allergies within the note. To purchase the Dr. First module, please contact Subscription Services or dial (888) 774-0532 Option 2.
Definitions in the Permissions tab
- Admin Access: the ability to add, edit and reassign users based on the number of purchased licenses within the system. The ability to assign granular permissions within the EHR at the user level
- Appointments: the ability to view the calendar
- Biller's Tools: the ability to view Biller Tools in the Navigation Tree on the left side of the screen. The Easy Billing Module must be purchased in order for the Biller Tools options to appear
- Can Access Mobile Site: the ability to log into the Mobile version of Valant to start notes on behalf of providers. Requires purchase of Mobile Notes
- Can Start Mobile Notes for Providers: the ability to start a Mobile Note on behalf of providers from within the main EHR. Requires purchase of Mobile Notes
- Credit Card Credit: the ability to process a refund via automated credit card processing. The clinic will need to establish an agreement with CMS, which is Valant's 3rd party vendor for credit card processing
- Data Export Center Admin (Beta): this option gives the user access to create new reports based off of information found in the Patient's demographics only. Requires the Report Center to be turned on for the practice
- Data Export Center User (Beta): this option gives the user access to run demographic reports created in the admin portion of the Data Export Center. Requires the Report Center to be turned on for the practice
- Delete Documents: the ability to inactivate documents throughout the EHR
- Easy Billing: the ability to view Billing in the Navigation Tree on the left side of the screen. This includes creating, viewing, and editing charges, along with applying payments
- Edit Documents: the ability to edit documents in the patient's chart
- Edit Other Schedules: the ability to add, edit, or delete appointments
- Edit Patient Charts: the ability to create new patient tasks and to assign and edit measures. The ability to create new documents if Edit Documents is also checked
- Eligibility Checking: the ability to use automated eligibility checking if it has been purchaced through Waystar or Relay Health
- Emergency Access: gives the user an option under System in the left hand navigation tree to start/stop Emergency Access, allowing them to access all areas of the system, even those they do not have permissions for. This is tracked in the system logs
- Fee Schedules: the ability to create and edit fee schedules if they have been turned on for the practice.
- Patient Clinical Charts: the ability to open and view patient charts. Removing this permission will restrict the ability to run certain reports, such as Diagnosis reports.
- Persons and Institutions: the ability to view Persons and Institutions in the Navigation Tree on the left side of the screen. This includes the Patients, Guarantors, Insurance Companies, Facilities, Outside Providers, and Practice Tabs
- Pre-payments: this gives the user the ability to take pre-payments. Pre-payments needs to be enabled in order to use this functionality
- Record Appointments: the ability to take payments and close appointments from the calendar. This option will activate the Record Completed Appointments button on the calendar, accessed by clicking Tools | Appointments | Record Completed Appointments
- Reference Data: the ability to view Reference Data in the Navigation Tree on the left side of the screen. This includes Diagnosis, Patient Types, Patient Notifications, Measurement Types, Document Templates, etc.
- Reports: the ability to run reports by cliking Tools | Reports
- Report Center (Beta): this option gives the user the ability to access reports in the report center Requires the Report Center to be turned on for the practice
- Schedule Outside Available Hours: the ability to create an appointment outside of the clinic's set hours. This option requires Admin Scheduler Availability to be enabled for the practice
- Scheduler Availability Search: the ability to search for an open appointment slot This option requires Admin Scheduler Availability to be enabled for the practice
- Transaction Codes: the ability to view Transaction Codes in the Navigation Tree on the left side of the screen. This includes the Procedures, Adjustments, and Non-billing Codes tabs. Removing this permission will remove the ability to go to the View/Edit Charges page found by clicking Billing | View/Edit Charges
- Upload Documents: the ability to upload documents into a patient's chart
- View Fees in Scheduler: the ability to view and edit the charge of an appointment Removing this permission will remove access to the billing dropdown in reports Removing this permission will remove the ability to accept payment from the calendar
- View Other Schedules: the ability to view other user's calendars
- View Patient Balances: the ability to see the total owed by the patient
- View Patient Copay: the ability to see the copay owed by the patient for an appointment
- View Practice Documents: the ability to have the Practice Documents option in the Navigation Tree under Documents
- View Saved Receipts: the ability to see receipts that have been saved to the patient's documents
- View Uninitialed Documents: this gives the user the ability to view uninitialed documents regardless of who owns the document