ASRS v1.1 - Adult ADHD Self-Report Scale Symptom Checklist
ASRS v1.1 is an 18-item self-report inventory used to screen for ADHD in adults
Once the patient has submitted it, you may preview it on the uninitialed documents tab in the EMR. However, do not initial it or it won't later be pulled into your MobileNote.
Part A (0-6)
Part B (0-12)
- If Part A is greater than or equal to 4, the patient has symptoms highly consistent with ADHD in adults and further investigation may be warranted
- There are no thresholds for Part B, but these individual scores can provide additional cues and can serve as further probes into the patient’s symptoms.
- Total may be used to track change over time with treatment.
- Schweitzer JB, et al. The Adult ADHD Self-Report Scale (ASRSv1.1). Med Clin North Am. 2001; 85(3): 757-777
- American Psychiatric Association: Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Fourth Edition, Text Revision. American Psychiatric Association. 85-93. 2000
- Biederman J, et al. Patterns of Psychiatric Comorbidity, Cognition, and Psychosocial Functioning in Adults with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder. Am J Psychiatry. 1993 Dec;150(12):1792-8.
- Barkley RA. Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder: A Handbook for Diagnosis and Treatment. 1998.