Adult Symptom Screener
A 51-item measure that screens for the following DSM-IV diagnoses: Depression; Generalized Anxiety Disorder; Panic Disorder; Social Anxiety Disorder; Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder; PTSD; Bipolar Disorder; Eating Disorder; Alcoholism; Drug Abuse; ADHD; Personality Disorder; and Schizophrenia/Psychosis.
Designed to be assigned pre-intake to the patient in the Patient Portal, and be pulled into your Intake Note. Alternatively, you could choose not to pre-assign it; it will still appear as a blank section in the Intake Note and you can fill it out with the patient in session. Follow-up measures are available for most positively-screened diagnoses.
If you want to assign it to the patient pre-Intake:
- Assign the Adult Symptom Screener as a one-time measure.
- Once the patient has submitted it, preview it on the uninitialed documents tab in the EMR. Do not initial it or it won't later be pulled into your Intake Note.
- Based on your preview, assign follow-up measures. Then, when you open your Intake Note for the appointment, the completed screener and follow-up measures will be pulled into your Intake Note.
If you want to fill it out in session
- Before you start your note for the session, assign the Adult Symptom Screener as a one-time measure.
- When you start your Intake Note for the appointment, the empty screener will be pulled into your Intake Note for you to fill out with the patient.
- Based on the screener results, assign follow-up measures.
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- Panic Disorder
- Social Anxiety Disorder
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
- Eating Disorder
- Drug Abuse
- Personality Disorder
1 = positive screen; assign follow-up measures
0 = negative screen
-1 = not enough questions were answered to interpret results
Recommended Follow-Up Measures
- Depression = PHQ-9
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder = GAD-7
- Panic Disorder = PDSS
- Social Anxiety Disorder = SPIN
- PTSD = PCL-C
- Bipolar Disorder = MDQ
- Eating Disorder = EDE-Q
- Alcoholism = AUDIT
- Drug Abuse = NIDA-Modified ASSIST
- ADHD = ASRS
- Personality Disorder = IPDS