PPS and IO: Appointment Request Patient View
This article applies to Valant IO and the Private Practice Suite
This page will show a patient perspective of the appointment request process.
Below is a step-by-step guide for the process for a patient to request an appointment:
- Upon login to the portal the patient will click the Request an Appointment hyperlink under "Quick Links".
- The patient will select the from the "Appointment Type" drop-down menu; as well as the "Preferred dates" (patients cannot select dates in the past or same day appointments, appointment requests must be in the future).
- Click Search. Results for available appointments will be returned based on provider and facility availability.
- A patient can select from the returned results or edit their request. Appointments will be pulled based on available time slots.
- The patient will click Request to send the appointment request to the Appointment Requests Queue.
- After a request is sent the patient will be taken back to the home screen and they will see a message that their request has been submitted successfully.
Once the practice responds to a request in the EHR the patient will be sent a message to the e-mail address that is listed in the Patient Demographics under the "Contacts" tab. The email will come from email@example.com. The e-mail will be a general message that the request was approved and to check in the portal for details, or a message that the request was not fulfilled and to log into the portal or contact the provider. An example e-mail of each scenario is given below.