PPS: Mozilla Firefox Configuration for Mac OS
This article applies to the Private Practice Suite
To Configure Mozilla Firefox on each Mac that will be using the Valant Private Practice Suite EHR, please do the following:
- Click on Preferences | Content
- Click on Exceptions to the right of "Block Pop-up Windows"
- Type in "https://valantmed.com"
- Click Allow
- Repeat the process with "https://drfirst.com" and "https://valant.com"
- Click on the red circle in the upper left corner of the window to close the Allowed Sites - Pop-ups Box
- Click on the Security tab
- Click on Exceptions to the right of "Warn me when sites try to install add-ons"
- Type in "valantmed.com"
- Click on Allow
- Repeat the process with "drfirst.com" and "valant.com"
- Click on the red circle in the upper left corner of the window to close the Allowed Sites - Add-ons Box
- Click on the red circle in the upper left corner of the window to close the Preferences Box
- Click the Open Menu | Tools | Add-ons
- Click Plugins from the left-hand menu
- Scroll down, if necessary, to locate the ‘Silverlight Plug-In’
- Click the drop-down button next to ‘Silverlight Plug-In’ and ensure ‘Always Activate’ is selected
Backspace Additional Step
- In the address bar of the browser type "about:config" and press enter or return
- Click “I’ll be careful, I promise”, “I understand”, "I accept the risk" or similar text
- In the search box that appears type the word “backspace”
- Double click the 0 that appears under "Value"
- Change the 0 to a 2, and click OK
- Close the tab
Close and reopen Mozilla Firefox to allow the changes to take effect