Manage Custom Fields
Users with the Admin Access permission it is possible to add custom fields that will appear in the patient record under when users click Persons and Institutions | Patients | Custom Tabs.
To create a custom field users with Admin Access Permission should follow these instructions:
- Log into the Valant EHR and choose to continue to the admin module
- Click Tools | Manage custom Fields
- Click New
- Complete the fields andClick Save at the bottom of the page
The "EMR Label" field is how the field will be titled when viewing it under "Patients".
The “Report” Label field is how it will appear in the Data Export Center (beta) when running custom demographic reports or building them in the Data Export Center Admin (beta). The “Type” drop-down will determine the restrictions on what can be entered into the field users create.
Custom Field Types
Text: This field has no restrictions and will allow the user to type in and save any characters they prefer.
Date: This field will hold dates between the range users select. If the earliest and latest valid date value fields are blank, any date will be accepted.
Integer: This field holds negative and positive whole numbers in-between the selected range.
Decimal: This field will hold numbers with decimals.
Drop-down: This field will allow users to select from the entries added under list options.
To add an option to the list:
- Click Add
- Enter a name for the option under the “Item Text” field
- Click OK
To remove a saved option:
- Select the list option
- Click Edit
- Select the "Inactive" checkbox
- To change the order of the list
- Click on a list option
- Click the arrow buttons on the right to move it up or down on the list
- Alternatively, click Sort to list them alphabetically