IO: Release Notes
This article applies to Valant IO
Valant is committed to continually building new features, creating a better user experience and enhancing the performance of the EHR. Our goal is to ensure that your practice can run efficiently and bring the best care available to your clients. The Release Notes will show you what is new in Valant and improvements we have made.
April 1, 2021 Release
When the system detects that you have been inactive for 30 minutes, a pop-up will appear with the prompt, "To keep working, click Continue." After clicking Continue, you can resume working exactly where you left off before the pop-up appeared.
Today's Appointments on the Dashboard now displays the same Agenda view as seen in the Scheduler. You can interact with the appointments in the Dashboard much in the same way as on the Scheduler, e.g., hover over the appointment to see additional details in a hover tip, double-click to edit an appointment, or right-click to access the appointment's menu options. Learn more here: Today’s Appointments
Macro functionality is now available when accessing the Web Editor from the appointment menu or from the New section of the main navigation menu. While in Web Editor, you can create a new macro for later use or select an existing macro to insert its pre-defined text into your note. We are continuing to work towards making macro functionality available in all Web Editors throughout the application. Learn more here: Editor Macros
Special characters such as parentheses, quotation marks, periods, and commas may now be used for more precise searching in the Patient Selector.
An issue which prevented the display and search of the patient suffix in the patient dropdown selector has been fixed.
An issue which caused daily patient appointment reminders to be sent for some appointment series scheduled for every 7 or 14 days was resolved.
The appointment menu now includes the option to "Download Last Clinical Note" for your own appointments and clinical notes.
An issue was resolved so that scheduling multiple available time blocks for a provider in the same day will no longer result in the warning "This appointment time is outside the available hours for this provider at this facility." to erroneously appear when an appointment is scheduled during an available time.
An issue was resolved so that superusers with the Record Appointments permission can now record individual appointments in the Scheduler.
An issue which in specific circumstances prevented signed eSignature documents from moved from Unsigned eSignature Requests into the Patient Chart was resolved.
Persons & Institutions
An issue was resolved so the default selection to use the Practice NPI/TIN or the Assigned Provider NPI/TIN when checking eligibility or batch checking eligibility will now match the default setting on the Preferences tab of the Practice page.
An issue which prevented users from being able to access certain Insurance Companies was resolved.
Receipt Book will now only show unapplied records by default, reducing load times for practices with a high volume of records. To see already-applied Receipt Book Entries, check the "Show Applied" checkbox. Learn more here: Receipt Book
An issue was resolved so that the automatic calculation for the Receipt Book's Start Date filter is now based on the "Default Months of Payments" value from the Preferences page.
An issue that prevented the patient name from loading after using the Easy Nav menu to navigate to the Transfer Patient Payment page was resolved.
An issue that in some cases caused the date of service in the ERA page to appear one day off from the actual date of service has been resolved.
An issue which prevented the deletion of certain payments or adjustments from a charge in View/Edit Charges was fixed.
An issue which caused the Chrome browser autofill to cover the patient filter field in the Treatment Plan Tool was resolved.
An issue was resolved so that exporting the Combined Aging System Report as a CSV file will now match the preview of the results, and include patients that only have patient aging information.
An issue which prevented the upload of Document Templates with the .docm format has been fixed.
Patients can now save their credit card information in the Portal, without the requirement of making a payment. This feature is available for practices with integrated credit card processing. Learn more here: Credit Card Processing
An issue that caused some patients checking in for appointments to incorrectly get a message saying that the appointment had been updated by the provider has been resolved.
An issue that intermittently prevented some providers from initiating a new telehealth session was fixed.
March 10, 2021 Release
Persons & Institutions
February 17, 2021 Release
Persons & Institutions
January 28, 2021 Release
Persons & Institutions
January 12, 2021 Release
- The appointment hovertip was modified to include the same icons which appear on the appointment itself. Learn more about the appointment icons here: Appointment Icons in the Scheduler
- When creating a new appointment, your cursor will now automatically be placed into the first required field.
- The Interval, Zoom, and Group by Date fields are now disabled on views for which those settings are not applicable.
- An issue which caused indefinite loading when a Preset View included an inactive provider or facility was fixed.
- An issue was resolved which, in some cases, caused weekly recurrences to be saved for the current day of the week instead of the one shown as selected.
- An issue was resolved which could affect the Start Date of the Recurrence Series after editing its Start Time by typing a 0 followed by the desired hour.
- If the patient has a preferred name, it will now appear between the first and last name on the title of each of the Patient Chart pages.
- An issue was resolved which prevented users from scrolling through the One-Time Measures list with a mousewheel or touchpad.
- An issue was resolved so that for practices with ePrescribing, medications and allergies will now be visible to Superusers.
- An issue which caused individuals to be listed twice while selecting document participants was fixed.
- An incompatibility between Web Editor and Chrome's spell check was addressed.
Persons & Institutions
- Users with the Admin Access permission may now manage the user accounts of providers and office staff on those respective pages, including the ability to reset passwords and update permissions. Learn more here: Providers, Office Staff
- On the Preferences tab of the Practice page, users with the Admin Access permission may now set the number of days for which passwords are valid as well as how far in advance password expiration notifications will appear. Learn more here: Practice and Password Valid Days and Expiration
- Miscellaneous settings -- such as whether the practice, facility or provider information shall display in the header of Mobile Notes documentation -- are now available to users with the Admin Access permission on the Preferences tab of the Practice page.
- Users with the Admin Access permission may now manage Availability settings for each facility. Learn more here: Facilities
- Insurance companies which have been inactivated will now no longer be available for selection when assigning an insurance company to a patient or a transaction.
- Providers which have been inactivated will now no longer be available for selection in the Authorization's Provider dropdown list.
- An issue was resolved which prevented users from saving additional edits to provider-specific alternative billing information in the Insurance Company list.
- The Transfer Patient Payment workflow was updated to increase the efficiency of transferring payment from one transaction to another for the same patient. In case the payment is meant for another patient's transaction(s), the ability to select another patient is still available.
- In the ERA page, the Tx. Ins. Name column will remain visible, regardless of the browser window size.
- An issue which prevented the application of patient payment toward transactions with either a $0 or credit balance was fixed.
- An issue was resolved so that patient payments entered without any check/reference number will show a blank Notes field in View/Edit Charges instead of the word "null".
- An issue was resolved so that after entering an Insurance Refund in View/Edit Charges, its Refund Amount will be properly saved.
- An issue in the ERA Details grid which prevented 6-digit Billing IDs from being displayed in entirety was fixed.
- An issue was resolved which sometimes prevented the loading indicator from disappearing after Batch Eligibility Checking had completed successfully.
- An issue which could clear the date in the Pending Transaction Queue's Edit Transaction form was fixed.
- An issue was resolved whereby editing a transaction in the Pending Transaction Queue would render its EasyNav menu inaccessible.
- Patient diagnoses on the Treatment Plan will now be ordered according to their billing order from the Patient Chart. Below those, diagnoses without a billing order will be listed.
- An issue which affected the ability to sort on the Reminders page was fixed.
- An issue was resolved which affected the formatting of the Facesheet CSV when the file contents included a carriage return.
- In the "MASTER Progress Note - All Tabs and Measures" and "MASTER Intake Note - All Tabs and Measures" templates on the Manage Mobile Notes Templates page, a new tab called "E&M Time" is now available. When the tab is used for documenting a patient appointment, providers will see a "Time Spent on Activities" worksheet which allows for the tracking of non-face-to-face time spent on the appointment’s date of service. Learn more about managing Mobile Notes Templates here: PPS and IO: Manage Mobile Notes Master Templates and more about the E&M Time tab here: E&M Time Note Template
- Permissions for Valant employees and superusers can now be managed on the Valant Access page by users with the Admin Access permission. Learn more here: System | Valant Access
- Users with the Admin Access permission will now be able go to the Unlock Locked User Accounts page in order to unlock accounts. Learn more here: Unlock Locked User Accounts
- Clinical Decision Support settings are configurable by role on the CDS Configuration by Role page now available to users with the Admin Access permission. Learn more here: CDS Configuration by Role
December 16, 2020 Release
- Provider and facility columns are now displayed in the same order that they were selected. To modify the columns, re-select the providers and facilities in the desired order.
- Start and End times can now be edited on the appointment's recurrence tab.
- An issue was resolved which prevented some appointments from appearing in the Work Week view after clicking on a Sunday in the mini-calendar.
- An issue which sometimes prevented the auto-resizing of the provider and facility column widths was fixed.
- An issue affecting how the appointments were being displayed on the Timeline Day view was fixed.
- An issue was resolved which prevented users from starting documentation for recurring appointments which lacked a Primary Code.
Persons & Institutions
- An issue whereby saving EDI Billing Contact changes would revert Practice Preferences settings was fixed.
- An issue was fixed so that an explanatory message will display whenever the Create Claims process is unsuccessful.
- An issue was resolved which resulted in the previous day's date to auto-populate while adding an Adjustment or Refund Payment in View/Edit Charges.
- An issue which hid the Editor Macros menu option from staff users was fixed.
December 2, 2020 Release
- In the Day, Week, and Work Week views, cells which start at the top of the hour are now distinguished by more prominent gridlines.
- An issue was resolved which caused a duplicate appointment to appear after editing certain appointments' recurrences.
- An issue was resolved to allow Patient Notifications with the "Notify When Editing Appointment" setting to appear while editing an appointment.
- An issue was resolved which prevented the Patient tab content from appearing when the appointment had been saved with a blank Add-On Code.
- An issue was fixed which caused blurry text when an Appointment Note or Billing Comment contained more than 2 lines of text and the browser's zoom was set to less than 100%.
- An issue preventing Lab Requests from saving was fixed.
- An issue preventing the successful completion of the Configure for eSignature workflow was fixed.
- An issue preventing Staff from seeing content on the Unsigned Documents page users was fixed.
Persons & Institutions
- For practices with eLabs, eLabs Facilities can now be configured by users with Admin Access. Learn more here: eLabs Facilities
- An issue which sometimes affected the order of Custom Fields was fixed.
- An issue was resolved which affected the typeahead search functionality of the Assigned Provider and Assigned Facility fields on the Patient Demographics form.
- An issue with the ERA adjustment checkboxes was fixed.
- Users with Admin Access can now access the Manage Custom Fields page. Learn more here: Manage Custom Fields
- An issue which hid the Reminders menu option from Staff users was fixed.
- An issue on the Faxes Status report was fixed so that the correct statuses would appear.
- Appointment Categories can now be managed by users with Admin Access. Learn more here: Appointment Categories
Treatment Plan Builder
- For practices with the Treatment Plan Tool enabled, Treatment Plan settings can now be managed by users with Admin Access. Learn more here: Treatment Plan Builder Settings