PPS and IO: Ensuring Valant Emails Arrive in Your Inbox
This article applies to Private Practice Suite and Valant IO
Please make sure all communications from Valant will arrive to you and all the employees at your organization. During your relationship with us, you may receive emails from numerous individuals and teams, such as your Implementation Manager, Customer Success or Support. If you work at a large organization that uses a firewall, please contact your email administrator in order to add "valantmed.com" and "valant.com" to the approved senders list in your server. In addition, every user should create a filter in their email account to ensure email messages from any address with the domains "@valantmed.com" and "@valant.com" lands in the inbox. Also make sure messages with the word "Valant" follow the same rules, as some communications may come from other platforms.
To access, delete, edit or create filters:
- Click Options | Settings
- In the left panel click Filters and Alerts
More information from AOL is found under "How can I find emails that are missing from my AOL Mail Inbox?" and then click "Delete incoming mail filter".
All the instructions needed to create filters using Comcast email or Xfinity email are available here.
Follow these instructions:
- Open one of the emails received from us
- Click on More | Filter Messages like these
- In the "From" field remove the name of the sender and only leave the domain "@valantmed.com" and add "@valant.com" and "valant"
- Click Create filter with this search
- Select the box "Never send it to Spam" and click Create filter
More information about creating filters in Gmail is available here. If you follow these instructions please keep in mind step three from the above list of steps.
- Open an email sent by a Valant employee and click on Rules | Create Rule and click on Advanced Options in the new window
- Check the box for "with specific words in the sender's address"
- Click specific words and add "@valantmed.com", "@valant.com", and "valant"
- Click Next and check the box for "move it to the specified folder"
- Click specified, select Inbox and click OK | Finished
More information from Microsoft's support site is available here.
Create a filter that will send all emails from the "@valantmed.com" and "valant.com" domains to your inbox, as well as emails with the word "valant". Be careful with Yahoo's negative-criteria filters ("does not contain") that can end up sending ALL our emails to the Trash or Spam folders.