PPS and IO: Changing the Backspace Key Behavior in Mozilla Firefox
This article applies to Valant IO and the Private Practice Suite.
Pressing the backspace key in Mozilla may navigate to the previous webpage depending on the configuration of the device being used. In the Valant EHR, this will cause the user to navigate away, and may result in the loss of work and will require the user to log back into the EHR.
- In the address bar of the browser type "about:config" and press enter or return
- Click “I’ll be careful, I promise”, “I understand”, "I accept the risk" or similar text
- In the search box that appears type the word “backspace”
- Double click the "0" that appears under "Value"
- Change the 0 to a 2, and click OK
- Close the tab