IO: How to Initiate Telehealth
This article applies to Valant IO
The Valant EHR can be configured for providers to have telehealth sessions with clients.
When Telehealth is enabled providers can initiate Telehealth directly from the Calendar View by:
- Right-click an appointment | Appointment | Initiate Telehealth
- This will open the “Valant Telehealth” window The window will open and the internet browser will ask your permission for www.valant.io to use your Camera and Microphone. Below are examples of what the prompt will look like in Firefox and Google Chrome.
- Google Chrome:
- Firefox may prevent www.valant.io from opening a new window and pop-ups. If a user gets the yellow menu bar they should click Options | Allow pop-ups from www.valant.io
- Click Join Session to start the session.
- Once the Provider joins the session they will be in the session and see a message “Waiting on (Patient Name) to join…”. When the session is started the patient will receive a notification in the portal that says, “Click here to join your Telehealth session with (Provider Name)”.
- When the patient joins the session, the Provider will see the patient video take up most of the window and a view of their own camera take up a small portion of the window.
- When they are ready to end the session, they click Leave Session and a message asking the provider to confirm they would like the leave the session.